Both a New York City and National Landmark located in a country-like setting. This house was built in the 1830's. But the story begins in 1654 when Thomas Pell, an English doctor from Connecticut, bought the land from the Lenape Native people as part of a nearly 9,000-acre tract. The estate was reduced to 220 acres by the end of the Revolutionary War. It was bought in 1836 by Robert Bartow who built the present Grecian style stone mansion with Greek Revival interiors.
895 Shore Road | Bronx, NY 10464
718.885.1461 | www.bpmm.org